June 3: 2nd Documentary Viewing of “Chicago Korean American Women’s Storytelling” at AMC Theatre
KOWIN Chicago Chapter released its 2nd video documentary project “Chicago Korean American Women Storytelling,” which was created to record the footsteps of 10 Korean women who have embarked upon a page of the early immigration history of Chicago. We were sp happy to bring it back on the big screen after a successful premiere event in June 2022. Tickets were sold out for both viewing events!
Special thanks to our event sponsor LG Electronics USA.
March 30: World Language Korean Festival at Frank W. Gunsaulus Scholastic Academy. Over 300 students in Korean language program came together for a day to celebrate Korean culture and lanague. KOWIN Chicago was very happy and proud to volunteer for the event!
March 29: KOWIN Chicago General Meeting
December 4: 2022 KOWIN Holiday Networking Party
November 4-6: The 11th KOWIN USA Eastern Regional Leadership Conference in DC
This year’s KOWIN USA Eastern Regional Conference was hosted by KOWIN DC. This year’s theme was L.E.A.D: Leverage your strength, Empower yourself, Aspire to challenge, and Develop your community. Five members from the KOWIN Chicago participated at the conference and Jane Park was invited as one of the panel speakers. What a wonderful time we had to connect with KOWIN New York and DC members!
September 10: KOWIN 2022 Chuseok Songpyun Drive
August 24-25: The 21st KOWIN Conference in Korea – “Congratulations to KOWIN Chicago Chapter for being selected as one of the recipients of the Organizational Excellence Award by the Korean Ministry of Korean Gender Equality and Family (여성가족부장관 유공표창 단체상)
August 5: 2022 Mentoring Circle Networking Night Out
July 23: KOWIN Southern Regional Conference in Dallas, TX
The Dallas Chapter of KOWIN (current president, Mi-ryung Kim) hosted the Southern Regional conference (current regional governor, Jungsoon Lee) on July 23, 2022 in Dallas, TX. The theme of the conference was “Healthy and Happy Future – How Leadership is Changing Post-COVID.” There were more than 60 attendees who joined from Dallas, Austin, Chicago, Atlanta, and Oklahoma City.
Hyeryun Lee Park from the Chicago Chapter was the keynote speaker at the conference. Her keynote presentation titled “Post COVID – New Normal Trends in Women’s Leadership” received much positive feedback and inspired attendees to reevaluate their current leadership style to meet the demands of fast-changing societal needs. Two outstanding panel members from Dallas Chapter, Dr. Gloria Cha and Professor Kyung-eun Lee provided much needed tips on how to stay both physically and mentally healthy post-COVID.
After a delicious southern BBQ luncheon, an in-depth discussion took place among the KOWIN members, freely discussing ways to further improve Chapter activities to stay relevant and attract new membership. Jane H. Park from Chicago Chapter led the discussion session by sharing her experience as the immediate past president and featuring recent Chicago Chapter activities, including Mentoring Circle program, the Chicago Korean Women History video project, and KOWIN Chicago Showcase 2021.
July 10: Documentary Screening: “Korean American Women’s Storytelling” at AMC Niles
June 14: Global Meet Up between KOWIN Chicago and KOWIN Australia – Victoria
May 21: Mentoring Circle #4
March 19: Mentoring Circle #3
February 1: Happy Lunar New Year from KOWIN Chicago!
January 15: Mentoring Circle #2
December 11: KOWIN Chicago Holiday Networking Event
November 20: Mentoring Circle #1
November 19: 2021-2023 Officers’ Visit to Consulate General’s Office
October 9: Mentoring Circle Kick-Off Meeting
- August 30-31: The 20th KOWIN Conference in Korea – “Congratulations to Jinwha Suh for receiving 여성가족부 장관상!”
- August 7: KOWIN Chicago Showcase 2021
- May 28: Virtual Baby Shower for Jennifer Kil
- March – June: Small Group Dinner Gathering at President Jane’s Home
- November 20: KOWIN CKWF Annual Meeting
- November 7: Chicago Hope 2020 Scholars Award Ceremony
- October – November: Brunch with President Jane
- September 27: Chuseok Songpyun Drive
- September 26: “It’s A Verb, Not A Noun: Choose to Lead” Virtual Leadership Seminar with Professor Linda Ginzel from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business
- September 8: KOWIN Chicago Mask Donation to Hanul Family Alliance
- August 28: KOWIN Beautity Talk with Besties
- July 19: KOWIN Chicago Photo Essay Contest
- February 22: KOWIN Movie Saturday
- December 4: KOWIN Holiday Party
- November 22: Luncheon with Consulate General of the Republic of Korea.
- October 25: Second Mentoring Campus Visit – Oakton Community College
- October 11-12: KOWIN NY Chapter Eastern Regional Conference
- October 5: KOWIN Retreat “Relax Refresh Recharge”
- September 18: General Meeting followed by dinner at San Soo Gap San
- August 30: Third KOWIN – Jeju Network
- August 27-29: 19th KOWIN conference in Cheongju City
- August 27: 제 19회 여성가족부 장관 표창장 수상자 – 박이혜련
- August 21: Mundelein Library Korean Food Cooking Demonstration
- August 10: Participated in Youth Leadership Conference hosted by the Korean Women’s Association of Chicago at the Korean Cultural Center
- May 29: Sharing Korean culture at the Korean Cultural Center
- May 26: Naomi’s wedding at the O’Hare Westin.
- May 01: KOWINNER Convention in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
- April 15: Interview process for the fourth Annual Chicago Korean Women’s Scholarship Awardees
- March 26: First mentoring campus visit at Oakton Community College
- March 16: Naomi’s Bridal Shower at Myong’s home.
- March 14: 진선미 한국 여성 가족부 장관 주최 간담회 및 디너 at Giordano’s Magnificent Mile.
- February 6: General Meeting
- June 9: 2018 KOWIN Networking and Mentoring Luncheon
- KOWIN 2018 Mentoring Luncheon Program
- Luncheon Invitation
- Chicago K-Radio News Coverage
- Chicago Kyocharo News Coverage
- March 11: Taste of Korea – We partnered up with the Chicago Children’s Museum to celebrate Korean culture through their Heart and Seoul: Growing Up in Korea exhibit. This exhibit allows children to experience different aspects of Korean culture, from paper crafting to learning about dol, the traditional celebration of the first birthday. KOWIN members conducted a cooking demonstration and assisted over 100 participants in rolling kimbap. All visitors had a chance to enjoy the deliciously prepared and popular Korean picnic food.
- February 24: 35th Annual Lunar New Year Celebration – KOWIN members attended the Asian American Coalition of Chicago’s Annual Lunar New Year Celebration to support the Korean American Association of Chicago who hosted this year’s event. This year’s theme was “Be United, Stay Together” where Asian American groups from all over Chicagoland gathered together to proudly represent their culture and kick off the Lunar New Year.
- 2017 KOWIN Networking and Mentoring Luncheon Eastern Region
- 2017 Christmas Party
- 2016 KOWIN Networking and Mentoring Luncheon
utu.be/bE6RHZ0Impg(opens in a new tab)
- 2015 KOWIN Networking and Mentoring Luncheon
- 2014 KOWIN Networking and Mentoring Luncheon
- 2013 KOWIN Networking and Mentoring Luncheon
- 2nd Oral History Forum: Exploring the Stories of 1.5 Generation
- 2011 KOWIN Networking and Mentoring Luncheon
- 2011 KOWIN US Eastern Regional Leadership Conference
- Donation of Trailblazers DVD to Northside College Prep
- Korean American Nurses in Illinois and Their Stories